Role Skillet is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Role Skillnet in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Sonia Dunne
- Contact details email@example.com / Phone 071 9673440
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is Role Skillnet
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Role Skillnet are a training network providing funding and support for training and development for private businesses in Ireland. Role Skillnet are funded through the Department of Education and Skills
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Sonia Dunne
- 071 9673440
Purpose for processing your data
- The data you are asked to provide is required to meet the funding conditions under which we operate. Data will be shared with Skillnet Ireland as our supervising authority
- Date required may include Name/Address/Phone/Email/DOB/Employment status/Bank details/Tax Clearance Certs
- This is to ensure individual are aware exactly what happens to their information and how it is going to be used. You shouldn’t be doing anything with personal data unless the individual is made aware.
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
In order for us to provide training support and funding Role Skillnet need to collect personal data. Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Legal basis – Role Skillnet are required to process your data as part funding conditions which require us to provide personal and employment data to Skillnet Ireland, our supervisory body. Data required may include personal profiles, contact, education and employment details
- Operational basis – Role Skillnet require data collected for operational purposes including contact re training and reporting on performance measurement as part of our funding agreement
Role Skillnet are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Role Skillnet use the personal data it collects about me?
Role Skillnet will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethnic origin – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) – we will ensure the below
- We will obtain your explicit consent
Who are we sharing your data with?
We share data with Skillnet Ireland our supervisory authority and with contracted trainers in the course of dealing with you. Skillnet Ireland and our trainers are obliged to keep this data securely, and to use only to fulfill the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with GDPR procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subjects Rights:
Role Skillnet facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Role Skillnet will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body, Skillnet Ireland and our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Role Skillnet or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with Role Skillnet’s date protection representatives.
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract or for funding with Role Skillnet and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract or the funding may be cancelled
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on 071 967640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org