Start date: 09 May 2019
Duration: 5 Days
Location: Boyle Enterprise Centre
The aim of this course is to give participants the tools and techniques to manage their time more efficiently and to become more effective in their roles...
The Course Content
- Role of the Supervisor
- Effective Communication
- Building and Effective Teams
- Leadership Styles
- Motivation Practices in Supervisory Management
- Performance Management
- Assertiveness and Managing Conflict
- Planning for Success
- Personal Effectiveness and Time Management
- Role of Delegation in Supervisory Management
- Review of Employment Legislation
- Recruitment and Selection
- Data Protection
- Budget Planning
- List the roles and responsibilities of a supervisor/line manager.
- Identify the skills required to lead and manage a team effectively.
- Analyse the process of staff recruitment.
- Identify the key areas of workplace legislation and best practice in staff supervision.
- List the main provisions of the Data Protection Act.
- Develop operations manuals for work-related procedures, including systems for records management.
- Understand departmental budgets, taking into account a range of potential expenses such as labour and material costs, insurances and contingency.
- Identify best practices in the ongoing training and development of their staff.