Start date: 12 June 2019
Location: Boyle Enterprise Centre
The aim of this course is to equip managers/team leaders and supervisors with the skills required to successfully interview for recruitment or promotion of their internal staff members or external candidates.
- Job & Person Specification & Curriculum Vitae
- Analysis of the Competency–Based Approach
- Isolating Job-specific competencies, Designing and Asking Questions based on core company behaviours
Conducting the Interview
- Timing and Environment of the Interview
- Various Interviewing Techniques
- How to assess Body Language/ Communication – Non verbal / Assertiveness
- Questioning Techniques
- Closing the Interview
- Notes and findings from the Interview
- Evaluating the Candidate
- Disciplinary interviews and grievances – preparation, conduct and follow-up
- Discipline, appraisal and exit interviews
- Examine their current communication skills in a face to face situation and determine what changes could be made to facilitate more effective communication.
- Plan and prepare for an interview.
- Identify the criteria against which to select the most suitable candidate and use an effective questioning technique to elicit information from the interviewee.
- Assess potential in a candidate, and make effective decisions about each candidate based on the information gained during the interview